Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A wonderful recipe from the mountains of India where yogurt is used in almost 80% of the dishes...you will end up asking for more !
- Mix all the spices, pastes, tomato puree and yogurt together and coat the chicken pieces and leave to marinate for 3 hours.
- Heat oil in pot.
- Empty marinated chicken with the mixture and cook covered till chicken is tender, about 30 minutes on low medium heat only.
- Once chicken is tender saute the same on high heat for 4 minutes.
- Do not add water during cooking the chicken.
- Feel it melt in your mouth tingling your tongue and the taste buds on it.
- Eat it s-----l-----o-----w-----l-----y to get that feeling.
I made this as part of lunch this afternoon. My Mom and brother found it heavily spiced up and personally, I would most politely suggest for using at the most 1 1/2 tbsps. of oil and NO more because by using 3 tbsps. it turned out to be really oily(the oil was floating in the gravy. Additionally, I'd like to use some water too while cooking this chicken, in order to make it less spicy. For those who love spicy chicken, this one's 'THE BEST INDIAN SPICY CHICKEN, IMHO'!
'Ware! HOT! But absolutely delicious. I'll be making this again... it's beautifully simple and oh, so good. I did replace half the red chili with curry powder, and next time I would probably cut it in half again. I'm already looking forward to it...
The recipe name doesn't tell anything about it and it seems a little strange. Please change it if you want anyone to actually eat it!