Terry W's Note:
A relatively easy to make appetizer, perfect for a quick snack. Variation on a recipe found on a Pakistani website, and eaten during Ramadan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 big potatoes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5 -6 green chilies, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 4 teaspoons masala or 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion seeds (kalongi)
- 1 teaspoon jeera powder (Cumin powder)
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1Peel and boil the potatoes until soft.
- 2Mash the potatoes and add the masala or spices, onions, cilantro, chilis and add ginger and lemon juice if desired.
- 3Form the mixture into small patties.
- 4Mix the white flour with the salt, baking soda, oil and water to make a thick batter.
- 5Heat oil in a pan.
- 6Dip patties into the batter and fry at least 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aloo Ki Tikiyan (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.2
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 313.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: