Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Aloo palak is one of my favorite Indian dishes and every time we ate at the Indian restaurant I always ordered this,since I have some indian spices on hands,I cooked this at home,and it's amazing that my husband says it was almost as good as the restaurant one.give this super healthy and rich in color dish a try:-)
- 1 lb spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubbed
- 1 tomato puree
- 1 green chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 piece ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup yogurt
- Bring salted water to a boil,cook spinach over high heat for 2 min,covered,cool quickly,blend it with green chili to make a coarse pase.
- Precook the potatoes in boiling water for 15 min and dain, or you can omit this step but the potatoes will be chewy.heat 2 tbsp oil and fry potato cubes for 5 min or until lightly brown,keep aside.
- Heat another 2 tbsp oil and fry cumin seeds and onions till soft,then add in ginger garlic mince and further fry for 1 minute.
- Add in tomato puree and fry for 2 min,add all the dry spices and lemon juice,stir well.
- Add spinach and potatoes,stir to combine,cook over low heat until thickend.
- Add cream or yogurt,Mix gently and cook for 2 more minute.