Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
We found this on bhg.com and modified to our taste. I know that the amount of curry powder seems too much, but trust me you need it.
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow split peas
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 apple, chopped (we usually use red delicious, no need to peel it, just core it and chop it)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 instant chicken bouillon cube
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk (we usually use the lite one)
- 2 tablespoons raisins (optional)
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds (optional)
- Combine all in crockpot (except raisin and almonds).
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve in bowls topped with raisins and almonds.
Sorry. i cooked this exactly from the recipe and both me and my husband didn't care for it. It is like a Thai yellow Curry, which we've had before, but this had a funky smell too it. It tasted better than it smelled, but pretty disappointing.
This is very hearty and just the thing for an autumn dinner. I didn't have a jalapeno but everything else was as per the recipe. Very tasty, thanks for sharing this!