Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We found this on bhg.com and modified to our taste. I know that the amount of curry powder seems too much, but trust me you need it.
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow split peas
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 apple, chopped (we usually use red delicious, no need to peel it, just core it and chop it)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 instant chicken bouillon cube
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk (we usually use the lite one)
- 2 tablespoons raisins (optional)
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds (optional)
- Combine all in crockpot (except raisin and almonds).
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve in bowls topped with raisins and almonds.