This recipe tastes great and isn't complicated to make. Perfect served over rice with naan bread for dipping. Garnish with some fresh cilantro if desired.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cream (I use fat free cream)
- 14 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream or 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter, until onions are soft.
- Slice chicken breasts into bite sized pieces.
- Combine spices (except garam masala) and toss chicken pieces until well coated.
- Add the chicken to the onions and saute until the chicken is lightly browned on all sides.
- In a separate bowl or large measuring cup, combine the cream, tomato sauce, sour cream and garam masala with a whisk, then pour over chicken mixture.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, making sure that chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro if desired.