Using beet in this recipe makes and unusual but tasty change from the usual cucumber.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the beet, yougurt, pepper and some salt to taste.
- 2Heat the oil in a small saucepan - it helps to angle the pan so the oil collects at the bottom.
- 3Add the mustard seeds and as they start to pop, add the sesame seeds and curry leaves.
- 4Cook until the seeds are coloring then pour into the raita.
- 5Serve now or chill until later.
Nutritional Facts for Beet Raita
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.4
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 22.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: