Recipe I found on indobase....Its a great curry recipe that is awesome with naan or rice, great flavor and family favorite.
My Private Note
small - ...
Units: US | Metric
- 450 g boneless chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 white onion (chopped)
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin (Ground)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- water, as required
- 1• Heat 1 tbsp peanut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2• Saute white onion until it becomes soft and translucent.
- 3• Put butter, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, garam masala (1 tsp), chili powder, cumin and bay leaf into the saucepan. Stir it for about 1 minute.
- 4• Add tomato puree to the mixture. Cook it for 2 minutes while stirring frequently.
- 5• Add cream and yoghurt into the same pan and mix them well.
- 6• Reduce heat to low and cook sauce for 10 minutes.
- 7• Now add salt, black pepper and cayenne into the mixture. Remove the pan from heat.
- 8• Heat oil (1tbsp) in a large heavy frying pan over medium heat.
- 9• Cut the Chicken to bite-size pieces and wash it well.
- 10• Cook chicken pieces until it gets slightly brown (for about 10 minutes).
- 11• Reduce the heat and season the chicken with garam masala (1 tsp) and cayenne.
- 12• Put 1/3 cup of the prepared sauce into it and cook until liquid get reduced (for about 5 minutes).
- 13• Now pour the rest of the sauce into the chicken.
- 14• Mix cornstarch and water well. Put this mixture into the chicken.
- 15• Cook chicken for 5-10 minutes, or until thickened.
- 16• Butter Chicken is ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Chicken Curry from Indo Base
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 939.9
- Calories from Fat 652
- Total Fat 72.4 g
- Saturated Fat 27.2 g
- Cholesterol 243.0 mg
- Sodium 407.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 47.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: