from "5 spices, 50 dishes" by ruta kahate
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces butternut squash, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- salt, to taste
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 medium green serrano chilies, minced
- 3 tablespoons cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1place cubed squash in medium saucepan with water and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil over high heat. lower heat, cover, and steam till squash is tender, about 6 minute remove squash with slotted spoon and set aside.
- 2add green beans to pan. repeat process with green beans, topping with water as needed.
- 3return squash to pan with green beans and remaining cooking liquid (there should be just a little). add coconut milk and a bit more salt, if desired. bring to boil and immediately turn heat down to low. simmer curry, uncovered, about 8 min or until slightly thickened--but do not allow mixture to come to a rolling boil or it will curdle. don't stir because squash might discintegrate; shake the pan if you need to mix ingredients.
- 4transfer curry to serving dish.
- 5heat oil in small skillet over high heat. when oil starts to smoke, add mustard seeds and cover pan. after seeds stop sputtering, add chiles and cashews and shake pan over medium heat till cashews are toasted and lightly browned. pour this over curry and serve.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash and Green Beans in Coconut Milk Curry
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.0
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 84.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green serrano chilies