1/1 Photo of Cauliflower and Tomato Curry
This is not hot but nicely spiced, for more heat add another chopped chili. Can be served as a vegetarian main, or as side dish with other Indian dishes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium onions, peeled
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 green chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 6 tomatoes, skinned and quartered
- fresh coriander (to garnish)
- 1Chop one of the onions and cook gently in half of the oil.
- 2Add the chilli and spices and cook for a minute.
- 3Add the salt and cauliflower to the pan, turn in the mixture then pour in the stock and the tomato puree.
- 4Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for about 10 minutes until almost tender.
- 5While the cauliflower is cooking in the curry sauce, slice the remaining onions into rings.
- 6Heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion rings until crisp and deep golden.
- 7Drain on kitchen paper.
- 8Add the tomatoes to the pan and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- 9Serve topped with the onion rings and garnish with fresh coriander.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower and Tomato Curry
Serving Size: 1 (477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.9
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 368.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: