1/1 Photo of Cauliflower and Tomato Curry
This is not hot but nicely spiced, for more heat add another chopped chili. Can be served as a vegetarian main, or as side dish with other Indian dishes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium onions, peeled
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 green chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 6 tomatoes, skinned and quartered
- fresh coriander (to garnish)
- 1Chop one of the onions and cook gently in half of the oil.
- 2Add the chilli and spices and cook for a minute.
- 3Add the salt and cauliflower to the pan, turn in the mixture then pour in the stock and the tomato puree.
- 4Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for about 10 minutes until almost tender.
- 5While the cauliflower is cooking in the curry sauce, slice the remaining onions into rings.
- 6Heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion rings until crisp and deep golden.
- 7Drain on kitchen paper.
- 8Add the tomatoes to the pan and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- 9Serve topped with the onion rings and garnish with fresh coriander.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower and Tomato Curry
Serving Size: 1 (477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.9
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 368.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: