Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love proper Indian Tea, but when I make it myself I take some liberties with it... mmmmmmm... Cardamom!
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 6 teaspoons tea leaves
- 8 green peppercorns
- 6 cloves
- 6 green cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon anise seed
- Heat water in a pan.
- Add sugar, peppercorns, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and aniseed and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let boil for 5 minutes.
- Add tea leaves and milk and bring to boil.
- Simmer on stove top for 30 minutes.
- Strain into cups.
Mild, tasty, yummy. Thank you. This was my first foray into homemade chai and I can't wait to make some more!
the best of the best thanks
awwww Rhonda... being indian, chai runs in my blood. i love my tea wit too much milk and too much sugar,and the works !! i think ur recipe is pretty much the same as any indian tea wallahs. only, this would be called, "Masala Chai "