I am trying to clean out my fridge and freezer in anticipation of going back to being super strict with my diet after the holidays. I had a pack of chicken thighs and drumsticks frozen that needed to be used and looked for what I could do with them with the stuff I had in my fridge. This is what was born and we liked them. This made four big burgers. I had mine just with some crisp lettuce and fat free mayo.
- Put onions into food processor and blitz until very finely chopped.
- Put into a large bowl.
- Put the chopped up chicken and bacon into the food processor and pulse until they are minces and combined. You want it pretty fine but stop before they become a total paste.
- Put meat mixture into the bowl with the onions.
- Add the korma paste and breadcrumbs.
- Work the mixture together with your hands until it is fully combined and the paste is evenly distributed.
- Form into four patties.
- Fry patties in a skillet with a little canola oil for about 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. You could also do this on a Foreman type grill and save yourself those calories.