Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe at earth bound organics, but changed it a little bit. Great served with naan or over rice. Enjoy!
- 5 tablespoons oil, divided (I use coconut and olive)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more)
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 cloves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- heat 3 tbs oil over medium heat in a deep skillet or dutch oven (i like using an enameled cast iron dutch).
- add onion, cook about 8 minutes until soft and gold.
- add garlic, ginger and crushed red pepper. reduce to low 3 minutes.
- add salt and spices, cook 3 minutes stirring
- add tomato paste, tomatoes, bay leaves and coconut milk.
- bring to a simmer over medium, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- in the meantime heat 2 tbs of oil in a skillet over med-high heat and cook the eggplant until it softens a bit and turns brown, 8 minutes. set aside.
- add zucchini to the tomato mixture, simmer 3 minutes.
- add chicken and cook through, about 10 minutes.
- add eggplant, stir and serve.