1 hr 5 mins
I got this recipe at earth bound organics, but changed it a little bit. Great served with naan or over rice. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons oil, divided (I use coconut and olive)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more)
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 cloves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1heat 3 tbs oil over medium heat in a deep skillet or dutch oven (i like using an enameled cast iron dutch).
- 2add onion, cook about 8 minutes until soft and gold.
- 3add garlic, ginger and crushed red pepper. reduce to low 3 minutes.
- 4add salt and spices, cook 3 minutes stirring
- 5add tomato paste, tomatoes, bay leaves and coconut milk.
- 6bring to a simmer over medium, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- 7in the meantime heat 2 tbs of oil in a skillet over med-high heat and cook the eggplant until it softens a bit and turns brown, 8 minutes. set aside.
- 8add zucchini to the tomato mixture, simmer 3 minutes.
- 9add chicken and cook through, about 10 minutes.
- 10add eggplant, stir and serve.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Vegetable Curry (Indian)
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.9
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 678.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: