Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a typical tamil Nadu dish. Easy to prepare and delishious. I serve this as a main dish when having a vegetable curry. Serve with rice.
- 2 lbs chicken, cubed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken
- 4 cloves
- 5 cashew nuts or 5 blanched almonds, chopped
- 10 curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 chicken stock cube
- In a pan heat the oil and fry the onions with the cinnamon sticks, cloves, nuts and cuury leaves. Cook till the onion starts to soften.
- Add the cubed chicken and fry for 4 minutes.
- Add all of the other ingredients, crumble the stock cube, stir, reduce heat to minimum.
- Cover the pan with a lid and continue cooking till the chicken is done and the juices form the gravy.
Easy to prepare with ingredients I mostly have on hand. I reduced the cloves to two because I don't like a strong clove taste, and it was just perfect! Thanks for posting!