1/1 Photo of Chicken Dahi
Brian Holley's Note:
The name of this dish translates to CHICKEN IN YOGURT. This is a classic Indian dish and is gorgeous. Prepare the chicken the day before cooking it. Cooking time is only 30 mins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs skinless chicken, and jointed
- 5 ounces plain yogurt
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 inch cube gingerroot, chopped
- 3 dried red chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 fresh green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1Cut the chicken joints into two.
- 2In blender process the yogurt, garlic, ginger, red chillies, turmeric, and ground coriander, till smooth.
- 3In a large bowl put the chicken and cover with the spice mix, stir well and refrigerate overnight.
- 4Transfer the chicken and its marinade to a pot, cover with a lid and cook over medium heat till the chicken is tender. Remove from the heat.
- 5In a large frying pan heat the oil. fry the onions till brown. Add the chicken and fry for 4 mins stirring a few times.
- 6Add the green chillies, salt and garam masala, cook for 3 minutes Remove from the heat, stir in half of the coriander leaves.
- 7Serve with the remaining coriander leaves sprinkled on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Dahi
Serving Size: 1 (581 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 763.8
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 294.4 mg
- Sodium 859.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 109.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: