1/1 Photo of Chicken Tikka Masala With Seasoned Jasmine Rice
1 hr 30 mins
Rachel Potachel's Note:
This is my own take on one of my top three favorite dishes of all time. I like mine fairly mild, so feel free to add more ground red pepper or diced jalapeño if you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts
- 2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1Trim fat from chicken breasts and discard or add to chicken stock bag.
- 2Cut chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes.
- 3Place in medium bowl with marinade ingredients. Mix together well and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 4For sauce, heat butter in large skillet on medium heat.
- 5Saute garlic.
- 6Add tomato sauce and spices. Stir together and reduce heat to low, allowing to simmer for 5 minutes.
- 7Stir in heavy whipping cream, allow to simmer.
- 8Thread marinated chicken cubes onto skewers.
- 9Grill or broil chicken, turning occasionally, until cooked thoroughly, roughly 8-10 minutes.
- 10Add chicken and chopped cilantro to sauce, simmer for additional 5 minutes, then serve over rice or with Naan bread.
- 12In medium sauce pan, briefly saute green onions, onions and garlic in butter.
- 13Add rice and seasonings, allow rice to cook 1-2 minutes.
- 14Add water and bring to a boil.
- 15Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 16Turn off stove, allow to stand covered for additional 10 minutes.
- 17Remove whole cloves before serving.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tikka Masala With Seasoned Jasmine Rice
Serving Size: 1 (461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.7
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 104.0 mg
- Sodium 884.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 27.4 g