1/1 Photo of Chicken Vindaloo Balti Style
Brian Holley's Note:
All balti dishes are eay and quick to cook. The addition a potato in this recipe bulks out the dish as only a small amount of chicken is used. This is a hot one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces skinless chicken, and cubed
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed (not ground)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon hot chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed to a pulp
- 1 teaspoon ginger, pulp
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tomato puree
- 1/2 pint warm water
- 1/4 pint malt vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 curry leaves
- 2 fresh green chilies, chopped
- 1In a bowl mix together the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, chilli power, turmeric, garlic pulp, ginger pulp, salt, paprika, tomato puree, fenugreek with the water and vinegar.
- 2Add the chicken and allow to stand till needed.
- 3In a wok heat the oil and fry the onion and curry leaves till golden.
- 4Reduce the heat and add the chicken with the spice mix and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- 5Add the potato, cover the wok with a lid and cook over low heat till the potato is cooked.
- 6Garnish with green chillies.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Vindaloo Balti Style
Serving Size: 1 (697 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.7
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 96.4 mg
- Sodium 1287.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 41.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: