Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cook's Illustrated Online.
Make and share this Cilantro-Mint Chutney (Cook's Illustrated) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- Process all ingredients in food processor until smooth, about 20 seconds. Scrape down sides of processor bowl after 10 seconds.
I have been looking high and low for a good mint chutney recipe. This was great with garlic naan and samosas. I added a seeded jalapeno and three cloves of garlic. I also omitted onion because I don't care for raw onion.
This is a really great chutney and I used it with homemade falafels on a pita and also just to dip the falafels in. I can also use this with kebabs. The only changes I made is I added jaggery powder (sugar cane) instead of sugar and I added half a green chili to give it some kick. Very yummy!
This is DELICIOUS when served with some simply cooked lambchops!