Moist, tender pieces of chicken in a rich almond, coconut and banana sauce-always a dinner winner in my house. Serve with boiled rice.
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 450 ml chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons hot curry paste
- 150 ml double cream
- 50 g ground almonds
- 25 g desiccated coconut
- 2 large bananas
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh coriander
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges to garnish
- Mix together the chicken pieces, garam masala and some salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the chicken and onion and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes until beginning to soften. Pour in the stock, stir in the curry paste, then bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, almonds and coconut. Peel the bananas and cut into 2cm thick slices. Add to the pan, Season with salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 5 minutes until the bananas are just tender.
- Divide between 4 plates and serve each with boiled rice, a sprinkle of fresh coriander and a wedge of lemon for squeezing over.