1/1 Photo of Coconut, Chicken and Banana Curry
Moist, tender pieces of chicken in a rich almond, coconut and banana sauce-always a dinner winner in my house. Serve with boiled rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 450 ml chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons hot curry paste
- 150 ml double cream
- 50 g ground almonds
- 25 g desiccated coconut
- 2 large bananas
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh coriander
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges to garnish
- 1Mix together the chicken pieces, garam masala and some salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the chicken and onion and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden brown.
- 2Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes until beginning to soften. Pour in the stock, stir in the curry paste, then bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Stir in the cream, almonds and coconut. Peel the bananas and cut into 2cm thick slices. Add to the pan, Season with salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 5 minutes until the bananas are just tender.
- 4Divide between 4 plates and serve each with boiled rice, a sprinkle of fresh coriander and a wedge of lemon for squeezing over.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut, Chicken and Banana Curry
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.8
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 170.3 mg
- Sodium 321.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 35.8 g