Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Basmati rice with coconut and cashews.
Make and share this Coconut Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut (grated )
- poppy seed
- 3 green chilies (chopped into small pieces)
- 5 -6 curry leaves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- Cook basmati rice with a little salt and oil.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a pan/pot.
- Add poppy seeds, green chillies, salt, sugar and a little red chilli powder and curry leaves.
- Immediately add rice (or the curry leaves will burn).
- Add the grated coconut.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Add cashews and serve.