1/3 Photos of Courgette and Green Pepper 'sabzi' (Tori Aur Hari Mirch Ki Sabzi
A nice side dish to Indian meals. The green pepper goes really well with the courgettes. You may think that a pepper of another colour would look nicer, but as I said, the two green vegetables work well together. I've made this twice so far and will make it again. You will get the asafetida from Indian stores, but I left it out when I cooked this the first time and it still turned out lovely. Recipe source is Maduhur Jaffrey's wonderful 'The Ultimate Curry Bible'.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 pinch ground asafetida powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/4 teaspoon whole brown mustard seeds
- 1 1/4 lbs courgettes (560g, peeled and cut into 4-cm or 1 1/2-inch long and 1-cm /1/2-inch thick fingers)
- 1 large green pepper, about 7 oz (200g)
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or a bit more)
- 1/2 teaspoon chat masala (or 1 pinch of cayenne pepper and 1 tablespoon lemon juice)
- 1Pour the oil into a large pan or wok and set over a medium-high heat.
- 2When the oil is hot, put in first the asafetida and then, in quick succession, the cumin and mustard seeds. As soon as the mustard seeds begin to pop, a matter of seconds, add the courgette and the green pepper. Stir and fry for five minutes.
- 3Add the yoghurt, and cook, stirring, until it has been absorbed (It will curdle, but the dish will look nice at the end).
- 4Reduce the heat to low and add the coriander and salt. Sir for a minute.
- 5Add the chaat masala and toss. Taste for balance of flavours.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Courgette and Green Pepper 'sabzi' (Tori Aur Hari Mirch Ki Sabzi
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.5
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.3 mg
- Sodium 414.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: