1/2 Photos of Curried Chicken Livers
I finally measured everything so I could post this recipe that I made up over 10 years ago. I used to serve them with diced fried potatoes cooked in the same spices. Might be weird but I like sour cream with them too. Leftovers are yummy and I've even eaten them in a sandwich!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, whisk together: flour, curry powder, tumeric, garlic powder and pepper.
- 2Roll chicken livers one by one in flour mixture and place on a plate.
- 3Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 4Place chicken livers in a single layer in skillet.
- 5Sprinkle garlic salt over the chicken livers.
- 6Let cook about 5 minutes and flip livers over. Sprinkle them with more garlic salt.
- 7Let cook about 5 more minutes more and test for doneness. Some people like them pink in the middle. I like them well done and browned through. I usually flip them one more time and cook them until the coating is browned all over and no more blood seeps out (about 15 minutes total). Some of the coating will crumble off or stick to the pan. I just scoop it up and serve it all together. Yum!
Browse Our Top Chicken Livers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken Livers
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.2
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 586.8 mg
- Sodium 123.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 31.1 g