1/2 Photos of Curried Eggplant in Tomato Sauce
Brian Holley's Note:
Aubergines are an important vegetable in Indian households. Here is a very tastey and easy dish to prepare. This makes enough for four people as a side dish to accompany a meat or fish curry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a pot and fry the onion till light golden colour.
- 2Add the spices, cook for 2 minutes.
- 3Add the tomato paste, stir in the coconut milk. Cook to form a gravy.
- 4Add the aubergine, and tomato, stir into the gravy, reduce heat to medium and cook till aubergine is tender. About 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Eggplant in Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.2
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 93.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 5.1 g