1/3 Photos of Curried Lentils
1 hr 15 mins
A fabulous recipe from Australia's Hot & Spicy Cooking book. My ex-husband and I fought over who'd get this grocery store purchased magazine-book! I haven't found a dud in this book yet! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch lengths (2 cm lengths)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon wholemeal flour
- 4 cups vegetables or 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 small cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3/4 cup split red lentils
- 1/2 bunch spinach, washed and finely shredded (approximately 5 leaves)
- 1/4 cup natural yoghurt
- 1In a heavy-based saucepan, heat butter, margarine or ghee. Add green onions, carrot and celery and fry, stirring occassionally, until vegetables have softened, about 10 minutes.
- 2Remove pan from heat. Stir in curry powder and flour, mixing well. Return pan to heat, cook for 1 minute then gradually add stock. Cook, stirring until sauce boils and thickens, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add peanut butter, cauliflower and lentils, lower heat and simmer covered 20 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- 4Stir in spinach, simmer without a lid for 5 minutes or until spinach has wilted slightly.
- 5Add yogurt and season to tase with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Lentils
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.3
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 218.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: