1 hr 20 mins
This is one of my favourite recipes. It has such a wonderfully complex mix of flavours. Worth the effort! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked chicken, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, diced
- 2 tart apples, pared and chopped (if sweet do not add sugar)
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (to taste)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, snipped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon mace
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1Cook chicken, onion, celery, and apple in melted butter in a large saucepan or dutch oven until lightly browned.
- 2Stir in flour and curry powder. Gradually add chicken broth, stirring constantly.
- 3Stir in remaining ingredients. cook, covered, over low heat until chicken is tender.
- 4Remove and reserve chicken. Strain soup, discarding cloves.
- 5Puree vegetables in an electric blender or food processor. Return soup and vegetable puree to saucepan. Mix in chicken and heat to serving temperature.
- 6Mix in hot cooked rice and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curry Chicken and Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.4
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 1214.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: