Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is my favourtie meal.Tastes great with chappatis or fresh butter naan.Is a complete meal in itself.Hope you like it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Urad Dal (split black lentil)
- 1 1⁄2 cups rajma (red beans or kidney beans)
- 1⁄4 cup channa dal (bengal gram)
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ginger
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes or 3⁄4 cup tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon dhaniya powder (coriander)
- 2 green chilies
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup ghee
- fresh cream (4/5 tbsp)
- Soak dal and red beans over night and
- boil with water ,turmeric powder and salt, until the dal is soft(pressure cook).
- Chop the onions, Ginger (Adrak), green chilies and tomatoes.Fry all together in butter/ ghee until turn brown.
- Add chilli powder,dhania powder towards the end.You will get a batter like consistency.
- Then add the boiled dal and red beans and allow simmering for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Finally add cream slowly and mix well.
- Adjust salt and add 1/4 cup water if consistency is too thick.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with naan.