10 hrs 20 mins
Chef #278256's Note:
This is my favourtie meal.Tastes great with chappatis or fresh butter naan.Is a complete meal in itself.Hope you like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups Urad Dal (split black lentil)
- 1 1/2 cups rajma (red beans or kidney beans)
- 1/4 cup channa dal (bengal gram)
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes or 3/4 cup tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon dhaniya powder (coriander)
- 2 green chilies
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup ghee
- fresh cream (4/5 tbsp)
- 1Soak dal and red beans over night and
- 2boil with water ,turmeric powder and salt, until the dal is soft(pressure cook).
- 3Chop the onions, Ginger (Adrak), green chilies and tomatoes.Fry all together in butter/ ghee until turn brown.
- 4Add chilli powder,dhania powder towards the end.You will get a batter like consistency.
- 5Then add the boiled dal and red beans and allow simmering for 5 to 7 minutes.
- 6Finally add cream slowly and mix well.
- 7Adjust salt and add 1/4 cup water if consistency is too thick.
- 8Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- 9Serve hot with naan.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Daal Makhani
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.8
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 234.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.0 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 20.9 g