Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
An all time favourite. Very rich, very good, very soon to be gone!!
Make and share this Dad's Butter Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 3 medium onions, Chopped
- 1⁄3 lb butter
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, Finely Chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, Finely Chopped
- 1 tomatoes, Coarsely Chopped
- 2 jalapenos, Seeded & Sliced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
- 250 ml whipping cream
- 400 ml plain yogurt
- Cook onions in butter for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic & ginger and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add tomato, jalapenos, & spices and cook for another 10 - 15 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, then add chicken (uncooked) and cook for another 10 - 15 minutes.
- Add yogurt & whipping cream and cook over low until butter comes to the top (about 1 1/2 - 2 hours).
- Serve over Basmati Rice.