Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
MMMmmmMM.... yummy yummy! I love this with a warm dish of rice!
Make and share this Dhal Palak recipe from Food.com.
- 1 bunch spinach, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup toor dal
- 2 medium tomatoes, chiopped
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 green chilies, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 4 whole dried red chilies, minced
- 15 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Wash the dhal.
- In a large saucepan add dhal, 2 cups of water, spinach, tomatoes, onion, chillies, and cook over med-high heat until lentils are very tender (approx 30 mins).
- In another pan, add 1 tsp oiland add mustard & cumin seeds.
- After the mustard starts popping, add dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Saute for 35 seconds, and then pour the cooked dal over this.
- Add red chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric, sugar, salt to taste, mix well. Cover & bring to boil & simmer for 2-3 minute Stir in lemon juice & turn off stove.
- Serve hot with rice.
very hot,i think one shld adjust the chilli accordingto ones taste
This was a delicious recipe! I had run out of green chilies so used one little red one instead. Also, my dried red chilies are quite large and first when I made this using four of them the heat just overpowered all the other flavours in the dish. So, the second time I only used two dried chilies to allow the other layers of flavour to shine through. This is the first time I have ever used curry leaves in my cooking, and I really like them. Thanks for broadening my culinary horizons love!