1/5 Photos of Dover Sole Fillets With Cashew Chutney
3 hrs 30 mins
This is an adopted recipe. I'd made it several times before actually adopting it, and have made changes to it to my tastes...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 5 jalapenos, seeded and diced (jalapenos can vary in size, use your judgement, if the ones you find are gigantic, use 2 or 3, I use)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (adjust to your preference, I would use less if you are using regular table salt)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (light tasting not extra virgin)
- 8 dover sole fillets
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste (I generally just run ginger and garlic over my microplane)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon red indian chili powder, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground roasted cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil (light tasting not extra virgin)
- 1For the chutney (prep time includes marinating chutney, you can make the night before), mix all ingredients and allow flavors to mingle for about 3 hours- if you are in a pinch, it's fine to marinate it for less time.
- 2Rinse fillets and pat dry-- make sure they are not slippery at all.
- 3Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 4Put olive oil in the bottom of a baking dish, tilt to coat bottom.
- 5Combine ginger garlic paste with tumeric, chili powder, cumin and salt and rub this all over the fillets on both sides.
- 6Take each fillet and place about 3 tablespoons of chutney near the wide end and roll it up.
- 7Place fillet rolls seam side down in the oiled dish.
- 8Bake in preheated oven.
- 9Fish are done when they flake with a fork, about 30 minutes (watch closely; if your fillets are a little smaller or they are rolled a little bigger, the cooking time will vary).
- 10Serves 4- 8, depending on the size of your fillets- we serve 2 per person.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dover Sole Fillets With Cashew Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (1880 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.9
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 702.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 35.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: