This is a snack served in middle eastern markets. It is known as the dukkah, the poor man's dinner, and perfect travel food. You can serve this as described or instead of the pitas you can serve with balls of soft cheese, sliced tomatoes, or cucumbers. Keeps well also unrefridgerated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 flat bread, such as pita breads
- virgin olive oil, for dipping
- 1Place pitas on baking sheet in a 350F degree oven for 10 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- 2Separate into pieces big enough for dipping and scooping.
- 3Toast the sesame seed in a dry skillet until golden.
- 4Place hazelnut and chickpeas in same pan and cook 4-5 minutes until aromatic.
- 5Add coriander seeds, thyme, and cumin until they darken, remove, and set aside to cool.
- 6Stir in paprika, salt, pepper, and serve with olive oil in a bowl to dip the pita pieces in and then into the nut mixture.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dukkah (Spicy Nut Mix for Dipping With Flatbread)
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.2
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 688.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: