1/3 Photos of Dum Ka Chicken
~Deux Petits Chefs!'s Note:
This recipe was one of several that were given to me by my best friend's sister-in-law living in the U.K, who were so starved for authentic Indian food that they wrote to their Moms back in India begging for some home-made recipes! I made some changes in it by making it spicier to my taste. Feel free to halve the amount of chilli powder used if you can't take the hot stuff! This dish goes best with basmati rice or Indian chapatis and breads.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a pan & fry onions till brown.
- 2Remove the fried onions, set aside. In the same oil, add 1 tablespoon of garam masala , ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and chicken.
- 3Fry for 10 minute.
- 4In a mortar and pestle, add the cashew nut powder together with the curd and ground it.
- 5Add to the chicken & cook for 15 min until chicken is tender.
- 6When chicken is tender and cooked, return the chopped fried onions, mint, coriander leaves ,lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of garam masala powder, a pinch of black pepper powder to the pan.
- 7Cook for a further 5 min on low flame.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dum Ka Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (525 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 772.2
- Calories from Fat 384
- Total Fat 42.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 236.2 mg
- Sodium 443.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 75.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper