This recipe was one of several that were given to me by my best friend's sister-in-law living in the U.K, who were so starved for authentic Indian food that they wrote to their Moms back in India begging for some home-made recipes! I made some changes in it by making it spicier to my taste. Feel free to halve the amount of chilli powder used if you can't take the hot stuff! This dish goes best with basmati rice or Indian chapatis and breads.
- Heat oil in a pan & fry onions till brown.
- Remove the fried onions, set aside. In the same oil, add 1 tablespoon of garam masala , ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and chicken.
- Fry for 10 minute.
- In a mortar and pestle, add the cashew nut powder together with the curd and ground it.
- Add to the chicken & cook for 15 min until chicken is tender.
- When chicken is tender and cooked, return the chopped fried onions, mint, coriander leaves ,lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of garam masala powder, a pinch of black pepper powder to the pan.
- Cook for a further 5 min on low flame.