1/1 Photo of Easy Fish Curry
Indian Cook's Note:
This is a simple never-fail fish curry from south India. Enjoy it with rice or dosa.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 dried red chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 10 curry leaves
for the curry paste
for the curry
- 1Grind the curry paste ingredients with a little water in a blender until smooth.
- 2Put the oil in a pan and heat till it shimmers.
- 3Add the seasoning and fry till the mustard seeds start to pop.
- 4Add the curry paste, mix and let it boil until thick.
- 5Add the powders and salt to taste.Mix well.
- 6Simmer covered until the raw smell goes. Spices should smell cooked.
- 7Open when thick enough to eat.
- 8Put cleaned thick fish slices into the curry.
- 9Add tamarind paste and simmer for 5 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Fish Curry
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.9
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 804.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: