This one sounds so good to me but I haven't made it yet. I found it on a recipe card at Shop Rite and this is what is written about it: "Coconut milk adds a unique flavor to this chicken dish. Strips of fresh spinach are stirred in at the last minute for a nutritious meal." This is considered an easy recipe on the card. Serve with white rice.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking.
- Add chicken and cook and stir about 4-6 minutes or until browned.
- Add garlic and curry and cook, stirring, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in coconut milk; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 3-4 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Add spinach; toss and mix to wilt spinach. Cook just until spinach is wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with hot cooked rice.
This was so simple, and really yummy! I used some veggie chicken & curry flavored tofu I get from an Asian Market. I used cooking spray instead of the oil. I upped the amount of curry powder & coconut milk since I also added red peppers and mushrooms. Next time I will add some onions, too. Thanks so much for sharing! :O) UPDATE: I have tried this with onions and cabbage, as well, and it's always delish. I add veggie chicken broth to make more broth instead of extra coconut milk now to reduce the fat. Tonight I forgot to start the rice (brown) in time for dinner, so I cooked some rice noodles really quick and mixed them into the curry. YUM!! Hubby REALLY liked that!! I'll be doing that again, for sure!! :O)
Simple, yummy and healthy. Once the cooking begins, it's ready in a few minutes. I used coconut oil instead of olive oil. Serve with brown rice and carrots.
I really needed this. I am doing a work-out program and I need protein and yet still get my veggies in. Adding some stir fried peppers and substitute the rice for quinoa and BAM! You got yourself a protein rich meal with your daily vegetables. Thank-You for having this recipe handy :)