Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serve this delicately spiced curry with naan bread or rice.
Make and share this Goan Chicken Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
For the marinade
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Mix together all the marinade ingredients to give you a loose, smooth paste. Add the chicken pieces and coat them in the paste. They are best left to marinate for around 30 minutes to 1 hour, but if you're in a hurry a few minutes will do.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and add the mustard seeds. When they start to pop and jump about in the pan, add the onion and garlic. Cook until they're golden brown before adding the chicken and any extra paste from the marinade. Fry over a gentle heat for about 8 minutes before adding the coconut milk. Increase the heat slightly and bring to a simmer. Cook for a further 10-12 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly before seasoning with salt if necessary and serving with rice or naan bread.