Another spartan vegetable side that we make at home, but this one's always been my favourite and is the reason why I love french beans! Once when I was a kid, I sat on my kitchen platform and ate the entire 4 servings of this dish that my mom made, while she was cooking the rest of dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a saucepan on a low flame and add the mustard seeds.
- 2When they begin to sputter, add the chopped french beans, lentils, salt, turmeric powder and water.
- 3The water should be sufficient to cover the beans, so add some more if necessary.
- 4Cover the saucepan tightly and cook on a low flame for about 30 minutes or until the beans are well cooked.
- 5Check to see that the water is sufficient (that is, the mixture isn't dry) every 10 minutes, with stirring, and add more water if necessary.
- 6After 30 minutes most of the water should have evaporated.
- 7Switch off burner, remove from flame and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans with Lentils
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.8
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 155.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 4.0 g