1/1 Photo of Ground Beef and Potato Curry
A very easy and tasty ground beef curry from the Andhra Pradesh region in India. You can adjust the amount of cayenne pepper , decrease it especially if you are trying to introduce spicy foods to children or to people who are not used to it. Or, you can increase it if you like it hot!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, in half circle slices
- 5 -6 curry leaves
- 6 cardamoms
- 5 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste (from store or see my recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon methi leaves (Indian herb -available at most Indian grocers)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (or as much/little as you like)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- water, as needed
- 4 potatoes, peeled and quartered lengthwise (I use Yukon Gold)
- 1Heat oil in a saucepan.
- 2Add onions and saute till they start to turn a light golden colour.
- 3Add curry leaves, cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon stick.
- 4Stir and then add ginger garlic paste, methi.
- 5When onions are a golden colour, add tomatoes and stir.
- 6Keep heat at medium-high.
- 7In a small bowl, add remaining spices with about 1/4 cup of water to form a soupy mixture.
- 8Add this to the onion-tomato mixture in pan.
- 9Let the spices cook for about 3 min.
- 10Add meat and lower heat.
- 11Stir frequently to mix the spices in and to prevent the meat from clumping.
- 12Add a bit of water and potatoes.
- 13Cover and cook till potatoes are cooked.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Beef and Potato Curry
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.3
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 93.7 mg
- Sodium 111.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 35.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: