It traditional hot and spicy lamb curry. Do try and ensure your chops have just a little bit of fat. If it has too much, do trim it down. It is pretty spicy. Makes my tastebuds tingle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lamb chops
- 3 tablespoons meat curry powder, mixed with 5 tablespoon of water to form a paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon light soya sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 4 tablespoons water (room temp)
- 3 green chilies, slit into two length wise,but kept whole with seeds intact
- 3 red chilies, slit into two length wise,but kept whole with seeds intact
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 5 potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup yoghurt or 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large onions, peeled
- 1 carrot, cut into 3 cm thickness
- 2 slices ginger (1 cm thickness each)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1Add ginger, onions and garlic into food processor and grind till really fine.
- 2Heat oil in a wok and stir fry the ingredients till fragrant.
- 3Add curry paste and stir fry for 4-5 minutes over MEDIUM heat till oil exudes and mixture is fragrant.
- 4Add the lamb chops and stir fry well.
- 5Add potato wedges after stir frying the chops for 5 minutes.
- 6Add lime juice, tomato puree, water, salt, sugar and soya sauce and cook for 15 minutes.
- 7Add carrots in and allow all this to cook covered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 8Add chillies and yoghurt/coconut milk (to thicken gravy), simmer gently for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- 9NOTE: Potatoes and carrots need to be cooked in the curry for 40 minutes for it to be nice and soft.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot And Spicy Lamb Curry
Serving Size: 1 (859 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1193.1
- Calories from Fat 720
- Total Fat 80.0 g
- Saturated Fat 28.6 g
- Cholesterol 170.1 mg
- Sodium 1052.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 47.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light soya sauce