Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
It traditional hot and spicy lamb curry. Do try and ensure your chops have just a little bit of fat. If it has too much, do trim it down. It is pretty spicy. Makes my tastebuds tingle.
- 2 lbs lamb chops
- 3 tablespoons meat curry powder, mixed with 5 tablespoon of water to form a paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon light soya sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white sugar
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 4 tablespoons water (room temp)
- 3 green chilies, slit into two length wise,but kept whole with seeds intact
- 3 red chilies, slit into two length wise,but kept whole with seeds intact
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 5 potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄4 cup yoghurt or 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large onions, peeled
- 1 carrot, cut into 3 cm thickness
- 2 slices ginger (1 cm thickness each)
- 4 cloves garlic
- Add ginger, onions and garlic into food processor and grind till really fine.
- Heat oil in a wok and stir fry the ingredients till fragrant.
- Add curry paste and stir fry for 4-5 minutes over MEDIUM heat till oil exudes and mixture is fragrant.
- Add the lamb chops and stir fry well.
- Add potato wedges after stir frying the chops for 5 minutes.
- Add lime juice, tomato puree, water, salt, sugar and soya sauce and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add carrots in and allow all this to cook covered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chillies and yoghurt/coconut milk (to thicken gravy), simmer gently for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- NOTE: Potatoes and carrots need to be cooked in the curry for 40 minutes for it to be nice and soft.
The flavor of this dish is excellent however the instructions may need some changes. In step 5 it says to add Potatoe wedges and also in step 7 it says to add potato wedges I assumed that step 5 was tomato wedges. I found the recipe to be lovely & Spicy but not hot perhaps because the 6 chillies were only added for the last 5-10 minutes. Next time I will use 3 chillies and add them in step 6. Also stir frying lamb chops is awkward - doing this recipe again I will cut the meat off the bone or use another cut of lamb and have it cubed. I mean this to be constructive critcism not intended to discredit the recipe. Perhaps it is only me that sees it this way. One other suggestion it makes it easier to follow the steps if the ingredients are listed in the order that they are going into the recipe. I repeat the recipe is very good and I will make it again and say thanks for your creative entry to Ready Set Cook