Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from BHG favorites from 1930 until 2001. This recipe dates from the 1930's.
Make and share this India Chicken Curry recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium saucepan cook the onion and celery in hot margarine or butter until tender.
- Stir in flour and curry powder.
- Add the chicken broth and worcestershire sauce.
- Cook and stir until bubbly.
- Stir in the cooked chicken and tomato juice;.
- heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve over hot rice.
I used 2 heaped teaspoons of red curry paste, 1 heaped teaspoon of garlic and 1 heaped teaspoon of ginger paste to give it some zing, plus I used tomato paste instead of tomato juice. Overall, very good.
Made exactly as stated. Nice and easy to make, but it is missing something. I think using red curry paste in place of the powder might do the trick. Made for ZWT6 Voracious Vagabonds.
Good basic recipe, but we thought it needed much more curry flavor.