1/1 Photo of Indian Dinner
1 hr 30 mins
We had been barbecuing quite some times this summer so i was getting bored as i am not that much into meat to begin with. We also had 2 pork chops in the fridge which we needed to use up. I came up with this Indian Dinner which was a huge success. I want to try it with chicken breasts next time but you can also use courgette instead and make it into a balanced vegetarian meal. It was a perfect barbecue night but still something else. We really like Indian food and this was easy to make and cheap. Everything I used was off the shelf so though it is a bit time consuming in preparation and cooking it was a blast. We liked fresh water or lassie with this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the meat
- 2 pork chops (you can also use 2 chicken breasts)
- 1 cup tandoori paste
For the cole-slaw
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup onion, shredded
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup water
- 1 red chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
For the sauce
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1Spread meat with tandoori marinade and set aside.
- 2Melt butter in a pan and add onion.
- 3When the onion turned golden, add cabbage.
- 4When the cabbage turned soft, add carrots.
- 5Add water and shimmer with lid on for about 20 minutes.
- 6Add the spices when ready and stir.
- 7Put rice and water into another pot, when water boils add salt and saffron, stir once and cook until tender.
- 8In the meanwhile mix all the ingredients for the yogurt sauce and set aside.
- 9Heat grill (Note: if you are not using an outside gas grill you should start turning the oven to 220°C and grill the meat in the oven for about 30 to 40 minutes).
- 10Grill the meat until tender.
- 11Spread oil over pappadums and heat them on the bread-shelf of your grill, be careful, this will be quick.
- 12Put some chutney into a nice bowl.
- 13Arrange everything around the dinner table, preferably in good quality china.
- 14Eat with fingers if you like.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (1464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1364.2
- Calories from Fat 479
- Total Fat 53.2 g
- Saturated Fat 25.2 g
- Cholesterol 146.6 mg
- Sodium 1443.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 174.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 48.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic sea salt