This can be served as an appetiser or as a one- course meal or as a snack. It is from the Young Times magazine, chef Sanjeev Kapoor's column and does look very tempting!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup green gram, boiled (green moong dal)
- 1/4 cup bengal gram dal, boiled (chana dal)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, peeled,washed and cut
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed, powdered
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 10 curry leaves, washed
- 2 spring onions, with leaves,washed and chopped
- 1Mash the boiled lentils (dals) to a coarse paste.
- 2Add a little water.
- 4Heat oil in a pan.
- 5Toss in garlic and saute for a minute.
- 6Add the ground lentils, salt and pepper.
- 7Mix well.
- 8Add all the remaining ingredients except the spring onions.
- 9Mix well.
- 10Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- 11Add spring onions with leaves.
- 12Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Protein-Laden Dal Shorba (Lentil Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.5
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bengal gram dal