Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
There are a lot of variations to Stuffed Peppers. Try this version of Peanut Stuffed Peppers recipe made with mild and flavorful Anaheim peppers. They are great appetizer or snack idea. This recipe comes from ShowMeTheCurry.com
- Make a lengthwise slit in the peppers and remove the seeds.
- In a bowl, mix together crushed peanuts, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, dry mango powder and red chili powder.
- Generously fill peppers with the peanut mixture.
- Lightly coat outside of peppers with a little oil (using pastry brush or hands).
- Place peppers in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 3 minutes. Check the peppers and turn if necessary. Microwave for additional 2 minutes (or more as necessary - peppers should wilt a little but still hold their shape).
- Heat little oil in a flat skillet. Place peppers on the skillet to brown them. Flip the peppers and brown other side also. Some peanuts may spill out - it’s ok.
- Remove from skillet and serve hot or at room temperature.
- Tip: Buy similar size peppers so they cook evenly.
I made these today, before I saw this recipe. I didn't have the coriander powder, but the rest I made exactly like this recipe. They were VERY good. So good, in fact, that I'll be making them again next week. I wonder how much the coriander powder would have changed the flavor....