I was served this dish at a friend's house and just HAD to find the cookbook. This is from the "Live Longer Cookbook" by Readers' Digest. I find this makes quite a bit of cauliflower but it is very tasty. We think this dish is even tastier if prepared ahead or served the next day. The cookbook suggests serving with roast chicken and couscous or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large yellow onion, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or 1/2 cup vegetable stock or 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chutney or 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and cut into florets (1 1/4 lbs.)
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 6 drops hot red pepper sauce
- 1In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, combine the onion, stock, chutney, mustard, basil, ginger, cumin, salt, cinnamon, and curry powder.
- 2Bring to a simmer and cook, covered for 6 minutes.
- 3Add the cauliflower and cook, covered, for 5 minutes over moderately low heat.
- 4Add the peas, cover and cook 4-5 minutes more or until the cauliflower is crisp-tender.
- 5Stir in the cornstarch mixture, vinegar, and red pepper sauce.
- 6Cook for 1 minute or until the sauce has thickened.
- 7Serve hot or at room temperature.
- 8For Vegetarian use the vegetable stock.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian-Style Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.7
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 322.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar