1 hr 30 mins
Galley Devil's Note:
A medium-spiced lamb dish from Northern India.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 kg lamb, cubed
- 1 tablespoon fennel powder
- 3 1/4 cups plain yogurt, whisked
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 3/4 inch cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 1 pinch asafetida powder
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried ginger powder
- 3 2/3 cups water or 3 2/3 cups beef broth
- salt, to taste
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- 2Add cinnamon stick and cloves.
- 3After a second, add asafoetida, meat and salt. Saute for 5 minutes.
- 4Add paprika and cayenne pepper. Stir.
- 5Add yoghurt gradually. Stir till all the liquid evaporates and the meat turns brown in color.
- 6Add fennel and ginger powders. Stir.
- 7Add water or broth, cover partly and cook on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- 8Cover completely and cook on low heat for another 30 minutes or until the meat is tender. Stir the meat from time to time as it cooks.
- 9Uncover and add the garam masala powder. If the gravy is too thin, let it boil till it thickens to the desired consistency.
- 10Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kashmiri Rogan Josh (Indian Mutton/ Lamb Curry)
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 875.8
- Calories from Fat 581
- Total Fat 64.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 223.8 mg
- Sodium 247.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 60.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: