Found in "Australian Healthy Food Guide" magazine. Simple, tasty biriyani which can also be made with brown rice (although this makes it even further from authentic biriyani). Serve with yoghurt and flat bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g lamb, diced small
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt, to serve
- 1Combine lamb and onion in a bowl and pour oil over. Mix well to combine.
- 2Heat saucepan over moderate heat and add lamb and onion mix. Stir 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- 3Add garlic, ginger, curry powder and cinnamon, and stir to combine.
- 4Add rice and stir until combined.
- 5Add stock, stir, and bring to the boil.
- 6Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 10 minutes (20 mins for brown rice).
- 7Remove from heat, stir in peas, cover and stand for 5 minutes.
- 8Top with parsley and yoghurt to serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Biriyani
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.5
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.4 mg
- Sodium 100.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 25.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: