Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 kg minced lamb
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tomatoes, peeled,roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons curds
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- Combine lamb, chopped onion, garlic and eggs.
- Make small balls.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the sliced onions.
- Add the tomatoes and ginger and sauté till liquid evaporates.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, cinnamon powder, pepper powder and chili powder and sauté.
- Add the vinegar and water and bring to boil.
- Gently put the lamb balls into this.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Then stir in curd, milk and peas and cook for 10 more mins.
I thought this was very good. I enjoyed the spice combination and the lamb. I didn't expect there to be so much liquid - this may just be proof of my ignorance of Indian food - I thickened the liquid with a flour/water paste. I also added salt, both to the meat, and to the sauce. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
This is such a flavoursome recipe. It is a winner. The blend of spices and lamb are so aromatic. I found that this was a good recipe to make. I made the lamb balls ahead of time. Thank you Fouzia.