1/1 Photo of Lamb Korma
1 hr 40 mins
This tasty korma calls for patient cooking. The spicing can be kept to a minimum. However, one can add a maximum of 20 spices like almonds, cashewnuts, pine nuts and cream to make a rich and delicious meal on festive occasions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g lamb
- 4 tablespoons yoghurt
- 3 onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, chopped
- 3 tablespoons ghee or 3 tablespoons oil
- 6 black peppercorns, crushed
- 4 green cardamoms, crushed
- 3 cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 500 ml water
- 2 tablespoons green coriander
- 1Cut lamb meat into small cubes.
- 2Blend 2 chopped onions, garlic and ginger in a blender alongwith adding a little water.
- 3Heat ghee in a saucepan.
- 4Add one chopped onion and fry till it becomes pale golden in colour.
- 5Add crushed spices, salt and meat.
- 6Fry for 8 minutes to a rich brown colour.
- 7Add the blended mixture and fry for 10 minutes.
- 8Add the chilli and corriander powders and yoghurt.
- 9Fry the mixture until ghee separates.
- 10Add water, mix well, cover with a lid and simmer for one hour until the meat is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- 11Serve hot sprinkled with corriander leaves.
- 12Goes well with roti, naan or rice.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Korma
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.1
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 148.9 mg
- Sodium 693.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: