1/1 Photo of Lamb Tikka
This is a great recipe based on one from Linda Fraser's cookbook, The Book of Curries & Indian Foods. Cook time doesn't include the 4 to 6 hours refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim fat from lamb; cut lamb into 1 1/2 -inch cubes.
- 2Place lamb cubes in a bowl; add cumin, turmeric, salt, yogurt, onion, gingerroot and garlic.
- 3Mix together well; if desired, add enough coloring to give mixture a red tint.
- 4Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- 5Drain lamb from marinade and thread cubes onto eight short skewers, pressing cubes closely together.
- 6Preheat broiler or grill.
- 7Cook kabobs 15 to 20 minutes, or until done, basting kabobs with any remaining marinade and turning occasionally during cooking.
- 8The lamb is ready when it is browned on the outside and still slightly pink in the center.
- 9Sprinkle with Garam Masala and serve at once.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Tikka
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.8
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 159.4 mg
- Sodium 139.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 41.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: