1/1 Photo of Lamb with Spinach (Dilli Ka Saag Gosht)
1 hr 5 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cardamom pods
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 ginger cube, 1 inch cubed, chopped
- 2 lbs lamb, cubed
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 tablespoons plain yogurt, well beaten
- 2 lbs fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1Heat the oil in a large pot over a medium-high flame.
- 2When hot, put in the peppercorns, cloves, bay leaves, and cardamom pods.
- 3Stir for a second.
- 4Now put in the onions, garlic and ginger.
- 5Stir and fry until the onions develop brown specks.
- 6Now add the meat, ground cumin, ground coriander, cayenne pepper, and 1q/2 of the salt.
- 7Stir and fry for a minute.
- 8Add 1 tablespoon of the yogurt.
- 9Stir and fry for a minute.
- 10Keep doing this until all yogurt has been incorporated.
- 11The meat should also have a slightly browned look.
- 12Add the spinach and the remaining salt.
- 13Stir to mix.
- 14Keep stirring and cooking until the spinach wilts completely.
- 15Cover tightly and simmer on low heat for about 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- 16Remove the lid and add the garam masala.
- 17Turn the heat to medium.
- 18Stir and cook another 5 minutes until most of the water in the spinach disappears and you have a thick, green sauce.
- 19Remove the whole spices and serve.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb with Spinach (Dilli Ka Saag Gosht)
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.8
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 81.6 mg
- Sodium 969.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 26.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: