1 hr 15 mins
This is Chef Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe! My bro. loves it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 fish fillets, cleaned and washed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 inch ginger, washed, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and washed
- 2 spring onions, washed and trimmed
- 1 cup celery, washed and diced into small pieces
- 1 lemon, washed and sliced into roundels
- 10 -12 black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1Marinate the fish fillets with 1 tsp lemon juice and salt to taste.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Cut spring onion into round slices.
- 4Separate onion rings.
- 5Mix ginger, garlic, peppercorns, celery, spring onion roundels, bay leaves, lemon slices, salt and half a cup of water.
- 6Soak fish slices in this marinade.
- 7Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 8Transfer fish slices into an oven-proof dish.
- 9Pour the marinade over this.
- 10Cover with a tight-fitting lid or aluminium foil.
- 11Cook in a pre-heated oven at 220C for 12-15 minutes until the fish slices are just cooked.
- 12If you don't have an oven, cook the fish in a steam pot for 10-12 minutes.
- 13Serve hot, garnished with shredded cabbage, tomato and bell pepper!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Steamed Fish
Serving Size: 1 (483 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.3
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 198.0 mg
- Sodium 326.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 83.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: