Cook1 hr 30 mins
Potatoes are all-time favourites and this is one terrific potato treat for those who love spicy baked potatoes! I got the recipe from the 'Thursday' magazine.
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 onion, cut into small pieces
- 1 piece ginger, grated (small)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons low-fat yogurt (fresh)
- 2 teaspoons coriander leaves (fresh)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash and wipe the potatoes and prick them all over with a fork.
- Now bake the whole potatoes for about an hour or till they become soft.
- After 5 minutes, cut them lengthwise into halves.
- Use a spoon to take out the fleshy part of the potato taking care that the outer cover does not tear off.
- In a wok, heat oil and fry the onion for a minute.
- Now add the mashed potatoes with salt, turmeric, chilli, corriander and cumin powders and grated ginger.
- Mix everything well on low flame, mashing occasionally.
- Now fill the outer cover with the potato mixture and place it on serving plates.
- For serving, top the potato with a spoonful of yogurt and garnish with finely chopped corriander leaves.
- Serve these spicy potatoes hot!