1/2 Photos of Low Cal Spicy Baked Potatoes
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Potatoes are all-time favourites and this is one terrific potato treat for those who love spicy baked potatoes! I got the recipe from the 'Thursday' magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 onion, cut into small pieces
- 1 piece ginger, grated (small)
- 3/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons low-fat yogurt (fresh)
- 2 teaspoons coriander leaves (fresh)
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Wash and wipe the potatoes and prick them all over with a fork.
- 3Now bake the whole potatoes for about an hour or till they become soft.
- 4After 5 minutes, cut them lengthwise into halves.
- 5Use a spoon to take out the fleshy part of the potato taking care that the outer cover does not tear off.
- 6In a wok, heat oil and fry the onion for a minute.
- 7Now add the mashed potatoes with salt, turmeric, chilli, corriander and cumin powders and grated ginger.
- 8Mix everything well on low flame, mashing occasionally.
- 9Now fill the outer cover with the potato mixture and place it on serving plates.
- 10For serving, top the potato with a spoonful of yogurt and garnish with finely chopped corriander leaves.
- 11Serve these spicy potatoes hot!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Cal Spicy Baked Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.8
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 23.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: