Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is this week's winning recipe from the Thursday magazine. It was submitted by Shashi Shetty!
Make and share this Manglorean Sardine Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 10 -12 sardines
- 10 -12 red chilies
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coconut, grated
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 7 -8 fenugreek seeds (methi)
- 7 -8 whole black peppercorns
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tamarind pulp
- 5 -6 green chilies, washed,de-seeded and slit lengthwise
- 1 of maggi vegetable stock cube, with onion
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Heat a tbsp.
- of oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, add red chillies, corriander seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and black peppercorns.
- Roast on slow flame.
- Cool the roasted masala.
- Add coconut, onion, tamarind and garlic to it.
- Mix well and put this into a grinder/blender bowl.
- Grind this well in it.
- Put the ground masala into the pot in which you will be cooking your Sardine curry.
- Add the required quantity of water to make the curry.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add green chillies and 1 cube of Maggi vegetable stock with onion.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Make sure that the stock cube has completely dissolved.
- When the curry has boiled for about 10 minutes, add the sardines and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from flame.
- Garnish the curry with corriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice!