1 hr 15 mins
This is this week's winning recipe from the Thursday magazine. It was submitted by Shashi Shetty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 -12 sardines
- 10 -12 red chilies
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut, grated
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 7 -8 fenugreek seeds (methi)
- 7 -8 whole black peppercorns
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tamarind pulp
- 5 -6 green chilies, washed,de-seeded and slit lengthwise
- 1 of maggi vegetable stock cube, with onion
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1Heat a tbsp.
- 2of oil in a pan.
- 3When the oil is hot, add red chillies, corriander seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and black peppercorns.
- 4Roast on slow flame.
- 5Cool the roasted masala.
- 6Add coconut, onion, tamarind and garlic to it.
- 7Mix well and put this into a grinder/blender bowl.
- 8Grind this well in it.
- 9Put the ground masala into the pot in which you will be cooking your Sardine curry.
- 10Add the required quantity of water to make the curry.
- 11Add salt to taste.
- 12Add green chillies and 1 cube of Maggi vegetable stock with onion.
- 13Mix well and bring to a boil.
- 14Make sure that the stock cube has completely dissolved.
- 15When the curry has boiled for about 10 minutes, add the sardines and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- 16Remove from flame.
- 17Garnish the curry with corriander leaves.
- 18Serve hot with rice!
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Manglorean Sardine Curry
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.6
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 42.6 mg
- Sodium 175.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 12.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable stock cubes